Saturday, July 27, 2013

Warrior I

Jeffry's missal today included a scripture I have read many times but jumped out in boldface type to lasso my attention just this morning:

Therefore let those who suffer according to God’s will entrust their souls to a faithful Creator while doing good.  -  1 Peter 3:14 4:19 [ESV]

Is it maturity that has caused me to see this for the first time? Did I turn a corner while walking without realizing it?  

I remember reading it before thinking, avoiding thinking, "I do not like this!  I do NOT want to suffer.  Certainly, I do NOT want to suffer any more than I already HAVE! What kind of a God wills that I suffer?" But I put that question out of my mind. Today both the question and the answer return: (www.blueletterbible.com NLT )

1PETER 3:14-22
Now, who will want to harm you if you are eager to do good?  But even if you suffer for doing what is right, God will reward you for it. So don't worry or be afraid of their threats.
Instead, you must worship Christ as Lord of your life. And if someone asks about your Christian hope, always be ready to explain it. But do this in a gentle and respectful way. Keep your conscience clear. Then if people speak against you, they will be ashamed when they see what a good life you live because you belong to Christ.
Remember, it is better to suffer for doing good, if that is what God wants, than to suffer for doing wrong! Christ suffered for our sins once for all time. He never sinned, but he died for sinners to bring you safely home to God. He suffered physical death, but he was raised to life in the Spirit.
So he went and preached to the spirits in prison—those who disobeyed God long ago when God waited patiently while Noah was building his boat. Only eight people were saved from drowning in that terrible flood.  And that water is a picture of baptism, which now saves you, not by removing dirt from your body, but as a response to God from a clean conscience. It is effective because of the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
Now Christ has gone to heaven. He is seated in the place of honor next to God, and all the angels and authorities and powers accept his authority.

Coming from a wild self-preservation, terrified, running and running for my life from those who would try to harm me.  When I looked back, suddenly I couldn't see them anymore.  I must have turned a corner!  No one was there anymore; I lost their tail!

So, looking forward to where I was heading, far down the road, peering into the valley along the seashore, beyond the meadows...I could see it was very different.  Warmer. Softer, water-soaked air. Yes, it was hazy, but safe.

When did I get this desire to serve others through healing? At which point did I start to care?  Was it when my own pain started to subside?  When did that happen?  

Ah, I remember.  It was when I realized I was going to survive; that I had been preserved.  I was preserved for some reason and all that I had to do was walk carefully.  Steadily with eyes wide open, heart wide open.  Fearless. 

Then they all started coming. The others who had survived, who were fearless, looking for survivors themselves ~ with the purpose to extract the ones crying, wounded from the wreckage, the underbelly and the living death.

Dina in Warrior 1

We are here!  We are here! So, we begin our work. 

As in Warrior 1 ~ the first of the yoga stances honoring the soldier, Dina stands, the warrior against the death who is also known as the destroyer. Affirm the survivor!  See the victorious one! The thankful one! The one who took on the fight and vanquished the enemy with the Spirit of Life Abundant.


  • Feet grounded in a wide stride, toes spread like roots deep into the Earth for retrieving life-giving water and nourishment. Toes spread for steadfast balance, faithfulness. 
  • Legs tensed strong for support and mindful awareness that the root, sacrum and solar plexus affirm all life, our life together and the warrior's life.
  • The heart wide open, arms stretching to the heavens, 
  • Hands reaching to touch beyond the sky, past the stars, through the atmosphere, above consciousness, further than the galaxies into the Throne, pledging open service.
  • Head thrown back bearing all the throat chahkra ~ the voice, the chi of healing and education, the purpose of outreach. 
  • The third eye out to the world of our earth and its creatures, its waters and foliage, its soil, our fellows, our mothers, our kin, our species, all species, all life on Earth in promise to take up the cause of its preservation in dignity. 
  • The crown chahkra directed back and down again, having been filled to overfilling and appreciating the connection, the bond between Creator and created one. One cell created in the direct likeness of the Sovereign One, El Elyon, Elohim.


Warrior 1 ~ all open to the heavens, fearless and pledging service to The Heavenly One, in honor and trust of the Jehovah Nissi, God is our Banner, our Standard Bearer.  Ancient from everlasting, current as in the NOW and the fullness of the Godhead thereof, and forever, the Eternal One, synonymous with Absolute Goodness.

Stay tuned for the new chapter...the saving, the reaching out, the reports of healing and restoration.  It is beginning, the time is now!



No comments:

Post a Comment